Jackson is a town in East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 4,130 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Baton Rouge Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Jackson was the location of first the College of Louisiana from 1825 until 1845 and the Methodist-affiliated Centenary College from 1845 until 1908, when it relocated to Shreveport.
The parish of Jackson was founded in 1815 as the Seat of Justice for Feliciana Parish before the parish was divided into East and West. The town also served as a major commercial center and as a center for education, earning it the title "Athens of the South". Legend holds that the town was originally called Bear Corners for the many wild black bears crossing nearby Thompson's Creek, and that it eventually took its name from General Andrew Jackson, who reportedly camped there with his troops on a return trip north after the 1815 Battle of New Orleans.