Loreauville is a village in Iberia Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 938 at the 2000 census. It is part of the New Iberia Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Initially called Fausse Pointe, then Dugasville for the Dugas family who opened a trading post at the site. The name was changed to Picouville when a Picou family member donated land to build a chapel.
On April 15, 1871, the name was changed from Picouville to Loreauville for Ozaire Loreau, who had contributed the property for the old Catholic Church and cemetery, and had also aided in the agricultural, industrial and political growth of the village