St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church is a part of Episcopal Church of the United States of America, which is a member of the Anglican Communion. We are a church committed to worship, inclusivity and openness, pastoral care, learning and teaching, and outreach and service. In 2005, we completed a new Strategic Plan that will guide our work for the next five to ten years. We are excited and energized to continue in this church's tradition of struggling for justice and equality for all. The congregation of St. Bartholomew's was founded in 1857, almost 150 years ago. Our history is a long and interesting one, consisting of a gift, two mergers and one move. Located on Edmondson Avenue in Baltimore City's Ten Hills neighborhood, near the Baltimore County line, the current church was built in 1931. Our building, with its distinctive rose window, has been a familiar site to commuters traveling to and from the city for the last seventy years. While both West Baltimore and Edmondson Avenue have changed during the time we have been here, this church and that window have remained a constant.