St. John the Evangelist Parish

10103 Georgia Ave
Silver Spring MD 20902
Reviews
{{::location.tagLine.value.text}}

Sponsored Topics


See a problem? Let us know!
<p>The historic parish of St. John the Evangelist started in 1774 by Father John Carroll. The first church, now used once a week by St. John's, was founded on what is now Rosensteel Avenue. The current St. John's building on Georgia Avenue was dedicated in 1962.</p> <p>St. John's grounds also holds a convent for the sisters for the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and a school, where five of the nuns still teach. Monsignor John Pennington leads the Catholic parish, which participates in a variety of charity and community outreach programs.</p>