Fulton is an unincorporated community located at the southern tip of Howard County, Maryland.
Prior to 1805 Fulton was known as Queen Caroline Parish, then later as Hammond Directions. In 1878, it was referred to as "Water's Store," a name taken from postmaster Richard Waters.
Henry Iager purchased 108 acres in Fulton in 1839, which became Maple Lawn Farms. In 1938, the farm began its current free-range turkey operations under the brand name, "Sho-Nuf." The farm was nationally recognized in 2004 for the registered Holsteins used in its dairy operations.