Cass City, MI
Cass City is a village in Tuscola County in the Flint/Tri-Cities area of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 2,428 at the 2010 U.S. Census and 2,643 at the 2000 U.S. Census (a decrease of about 8%). It is located along the M-81 state trunkline approximately 4 miles west of that highway's intersection with M-53. Cass City is surrounded by several communities including Colwood, Deford, Elmwood and Ellington.
The village and the nearby Cass River are both named after General Lewis Cass, the territorial governor of Michigan in the earlier 19th century and the Democratic nominee for President of the United States in 1848. It is currently within Michigan's 5th congressional district.
The village has a total area of 4.5 square kilometers (1.7 sq mi) within the Thumb of Michigan.