Cedar Springs, MI
Cedar Springs is a city in Kent County in the U.S. state of Michigan, 20 minutes north of Grand Rapids. Known as "Red Flannel Town", the city is home to an annual Red Flannel Festival. As of the 2000 census, the city population was 3,112.
The city's official mission statement is "The City of Cedar Springs strives to be a great place to live, work and play."
Established as a lumber town in 1856, Cedar Springs boasted numerous lumber and shingle mills. The town was the northern terminus of the Grand Rapids and Indiana Railroad for two years and also was the crossing point for the east to west running Toledo, Saginaw and Muskegon Railway, which became the Grand Trunk Western Railroad, which was built through the town in 1888. The community was named for the fine springs bordered by a cedar grove.