Lambertville is an unincorporated community in Monroe County in the U.S. state of Michigan. It is also the name of the area served by the Lambertville Post Office. The Lambertville ZIP code, 48144, serves the southwest part of Bedford Township, as well as portions of adjacent Whiteford Township. For statistical purposes, Lambertville is also a census-designated place (CDP). The CDP is entirely within Bedford Township and the population of the CDP was 9,299 at the 2000 census.
The Lambertville post office opened as "West Erie" on June 13, 1834. The name changed to Lambertville on January 15, 1836. It was discontinued on March 23, 1865 and reestablished on December 4, 1865.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 6.1 square miles (15.8 km²), of which, 6.1 square miles (15.7 km²) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.1 km²) of it (0.33%) is water.