Roseville is a city in Macomb County in the U.S. state of Michigan, and is a part of the Metro Detroit area. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 47,299. Until 1958, Roseville was a part of Erin Township.
The first permanent post office in the area was established in 1840 by William Rose who named it the Roseville Post Office in honor of his father Dennison Rose, a veteran of the War of 1812.
The Village of Roseville was incorporated in 1926 and the Municipal Building was constructed in 1929 at Gratiot Avenue and Meier Road. This replaced the Erin Township Building that was built near the corner of 11 Mile Road and Gratiot in 1886. The 1929 building housed administrative offices as well as the police and fire departments until the 1960s when separate police and fire stations were constructed. City offices remained in the building until 1974.