Maple Lake, MN
Maple Lake is a city in Wright County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 2,059 at the 2010 census.
Minnesota State Highway 55 serves as a main route in the city.
Maple Lake is situated in a part of central Minnesota once inhabited by the Ojibwe Indians. In 1855 the Government revoked the treaty with the Winnebago and opened up Wright County for non-Indian settlers. The history of the city of Maple Lake begins in the mid 1850s. Early maps of Wright County illustrate a number of villages which included a city labeled "Geneva" located on the northwest shore on Maple Lake. Early pioneers came to Maple Lake to farm but, in 1857, C. H. Hackett surveyed a 200 plat and named it "Geneva". The 1857 severe depression caused a financial panic which resulted in failure of the development of the city of "Geneva". The city of "Geneva" never materialized but the town site of Maple Lake was established in 1858 with the establishment of a mail site.