In 1948, Leo Hartson and William Kennedy began a small business making cabinet tops in Marion, Ind. Hartson-Kennedy Cabinet Top was able to increase its business in cabinet top blanks and custom-fabricated tops in the surrounding central Indiana area. In 1965, the Elkhart, Ind., plant was started to further service the north and northeast. Its sales growth expanded southward and in 1985, the Gulfport, Miss., plant was added to service its existing southern customers and the growing southern market. To compliment and expand its southern efforts, the Macon, Ga., operation was started. In 1994, Hartson-Kennedy expanded its product offering the solid-surface line, Cerata. In the summer of 1998, the company relocated our Red Bluff, Calif., operation to the newest Hartson-Kennedy manufacturing facility in Glendale, Ariz. This plant also services the West Coast with Hartson-Kennedy s line of laminate cabinet tops. These expansions have allowed Hartson-Kennedy to supply customers throughout the U.S. and the world.