In 1947, Rev. Thomas F. Henry felt the Lord's leadership to hold a meeting in Gulfport, so he erected a tent near his home on property that is now the school bus facility on Pass Road. Great success followed! The neighborhood children enjoyed the preaching and singing of the "crusade meetings" so much that they asked Pastor Henry and his wife, Sue, to provide a Sunday School for them so they could meet on a regular basis. The couple opened up their large home to the children, and soon it was known as "Everybody's Sunday School." This wonderful gathering of children still flourished even after the Henry family moved into a smaller home on Hewes Avenue. The gathering grew even larger as more and more adults came to hear God's Word. Sunday School and worship services were held in the Henry's home, as well as in the homes of other Believers. The first "lot" of the present property was purchased in 1949. A friend in Kansas sent money to buy a wood frame building ( Fire Station No. 2 ) at Gulfport field. Funds were donated by First Baptist Church of Gulfport in order to move the building to the Pass Road property, and the first services of the Pass Road Baptist Mission were held on October 16, 1949. Even though it began as a mission of First Baptist Church, it became Pass Road Baptist Church in 1951 with 40 charter members. More land was purchased adjacent to the first plot in 1953, and a sanctuary was built. In the spring of 1956, the foundation was laid for a new auditorium. Pastor Henry was called home to be with the Lord on November 30th of that same year. His wife remained with us until her death on July 17, 1993. Both of these fine servants were used in a mighty way to further the Lord's Kingdom. The auditorium, which was begun under their leadership, was completed during the ministry of the church's second pastor, Rev. John Wade. Since Pastor Henry's death, many men have been called as pastor at Pass Road, and each one did his part to faithfully lead the church, establishing new staff positions and ministries, building additional facilities, coordinating greater evangelism and discipleship efforts, and developing a freer environment of worship. It was during the pastorate of Rev. Sonny Moore that an additional full-time staff position of Music and Youth was first created. Bobby McClellan was called in February 1976, to fill this position, and his love for the Lord has encouraged the church toward its current level of freedom and expression in worship. He and his wife, Carlene, have sacrificed much through the years to afford us this freedom, and we will be forever grateful. September 18, 1983, began the longest tenure of any pastor at Pass Road since the church's inception. Rev. Edgar Jackson was called as pastor on that day and diligently led the church for the next 17 years. During his ministry, the church paid off all its debt, and the present Fellowship Hall was remodeled and expanded. The Lord used Pastor Edgar's ministry to stir the people of Pass Road to urgency for revival, and a renewed passion for worship and revival preaching began to capture the hearts of all who attended. Pastor Edgar and his wife, Emma Jean, felt particularly inspired to encourage and edify the broken-hearted, especially those who were called to ministry, and the congregation followed their lead, reaching out with the same compassion they saw in their leaders. Initiated by Pastor Edgar, the Greater Gulf Coast Bible Conference held its first meetings in the spring of 1992. A signature event of Pass Road, the Bible Conference continued up until 2000. It was also during Pastor Edgar's ministry that the position of Music and Youth was first divided into two separate full-time positions, and Curtis Davis was called to pastor the youth of Pass Road.