Zumbro Falls, MN
Zumbro Falls is a city along the Zumbro River in Wabasha County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 207 at the 2010 census. U.S. Highway 63 and Minnesota 60 intersect in Zumbro Falls.
The original settlement on the south side of the Zumbro River dates back to 1857. A grist-mill dam built in 1866 created the falls for which the town is named. Numerous floods have swept away all but a few traces of the dam. Frequent flooding and a tornado prompted relocation to the north of the river. A railroad arrived in the relocated settlement in 1881. The city was incorporated in 1898.
In September 2010, the city was flooded again, and evacuated. Many buildings were destroyed or damaged.