Bonne Terre, MO
Bonne Terre is a city in St. Francois County, Missouri, United States. The population was estimated in 2008 as 6,854. It was 4,039 at the 2000 census. The community was originally settled by the French in 1720 after lead ore was discovered. It was called La Bonne Terre, "the good earth."
Since 2005, Missouri has conducted all of its executions at the Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center in Bonne Terre.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.1 square miles (10.6 km²), of which, 4.0 square miles (10.5 km²) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.2 km²) of it (1.70%) is water.