Bucklin is a city in Linn County, Missouri, United States. The population was 467 at the 2010 census.
The first settler within the confines of Bucklin Township was Sampson Wyett (Wyatt). Mr. Wyett arrived in 1835 (at that time the location was still Yellow Creek Township). In 1845 James H. Watson and Dr. John F. Powers established Bucklin Township. Bucklin was named after Major Bucklin, Chief Engineer of the Hannibal and St. Joseph Railroad, in a failed bid to get the railroad division point. The town was laid out by Watson and his wife Mary Jane, with the plat being filed January 1, 1855. However it was another eleven years, 1866, before the town of Bucklin was incorporated. James H. Wyett (son of Sampson Wyett) became the first Mayor of Bucklin. By 1913 the business district included two banks and several stores serving a town of around eight hundred residents along with surrounding farms of northeastern Linn County.
Bucklin is located at 39°47′1″N 92°53′17″W / 39.78361°N 92.88806°W / 39.78361; -92.88806 (39.783582, -92.888071). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.2 square miles (3.1 km²), all of it land.