Leadwood is a city in St. Francois County, Missouri, United States. The population was 1,160 at the 2000 census. The city was founded in 1910 as a company town by St. Joe Lead which originally called it Owl Creek.
Leadwood is located at 37°51′52″N 90°35′26″W / 37.86444°N 90.59056°W / 37.86444; -90.59056 (37.864469, -90.590428).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.2 square miles (3.0 km²), all of it land.