Parkville is a city in Platte County, Missouri, United States. The population was 4,059 at the 2000 census. Parkville is known for its antique shops, art galleries, and historic downtown. The city is home to Park University and English Landing Park.
Parkville is named for George S. Park who bought the steamboat landing concession on the Missouri River from the English Brothers in 1838 shortly after the Platte Purchase from the Native Americans opened the area for settlement. He served as the town's first postmaster.
n 1845 he organized the Parkville Presbyterian Church which is still one of the town's largest congregations.