Winifred is a town in north-central Fergus County, Montana, United States. The population was 156 at the 2000 census. Winifred was founded in 1913 as the terminus of a newly-built branch line of the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad ("the Milwaukee Road"). It is popularly believed to have been named after one of the railroad owner's two daughters (the other being Christina, another small town about 15 miles away).
Winifred is located at 47°33′35″N 109°22′38″W / 47.55972°N 109.37722°W / 47.55972; -109.37722 (47.559818, -109.377108).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.5 square miles (1.3 km²), all of it land.