Belmont is a town in Tishomingo County, Mississippi, United States. The population was 1,961 at the 2000 census. Its ZIP code is 38827.
The settlement of Belmont was originally called Gum Springs with a post office built in 1884. After completion of the Birmingham Division of the Illinois Central Railroad in 1907 the town grew considerably. It was incorporated as Belmont (meaning "beautiful mountain") on January 22, 1908.
Belmont is located at 34°30′28″N 88°12′30″W / 34.50778°N 88.20833°W / 34.50778; -88.20833 (34.507838, -88.208342).