Terry is a town in Hinds County, Mississippi, United States. The population was 664 at the 2000 census. It is located near Interstate 55, about 15 miles southwest of Jackson, Mississippi and located in Supervisors District Five of Hinds County. The town is part of the Jackson Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The area to become known as "Terry" was first settled in 1811 by settlers from Virginia. In 1867, the town of Terry was established when the railroad was built through the area. For a number of years, Terry was the home of Mississippi governor Albert G. Brown. The town of Terry, originally known as Dry Grove, changed its name in honor of W. D. Terry, whose land the town was built on. This information comes from the bronze plaque in the town's center at Utica and Cunningham Streets.
Terry is located at 32°6′5″N 90°17′40″W / 32.10139°N 90.29444°W / 32.10139; -90.29444 (32.101443, -90.294572).