Harvey is a city in Wells County, North Dakota in the United States. The population was 1,783 at the 2010 census. Harvey was founded in 1893 as a division point by the Soo Line Railway. According to the book published in 1981 on the 75th anniversary of the town's incorporation as a city in 1906, Harvey, ND is believed to have been named for a director of the Soo Line Railway: Col. Scott William Harvey of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Harvey is located at 47°46′12″N 99°55′52″W / 47.77°N 99.93111°W / 47.77; -99.93111 (47.770045, -99.931121).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.9 square miles (5.0 km²), all of it land.