Stanton is a city in Mercer County, North Dakota in the United States. It is the county seat of Mercer County. The population was 366 at the 2010 census. Stanton was founded in 1883 and became the county seat when Mercer County organized in 1884.
Stanton is home to the Knife River Indian Villages National Historic Site, which houses a Hidatsa earth lodge and three abandoned villages. One of these, Awatixa, is believed to be the former home of Sakakawea.
Stanton is located at 47°19′10″N 101°22′57″W / 47.31944°N 101.3825°W / 47.31944; -101.3825 (47.319506, -101.382434).