Bellevue (French for "beautiful view") is a city in Sarpy County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 50,137 at the 2010 census. Eight miles south of Omaha, Bellevue is part of the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan area. Originally settled in the 1830s, It was the first state capitol. Bellevue was incorporated in 1855 and is the oldest continuous town in Nebraska. The Nebraska State Legislature has credited the town as being the second oldest settlement in Nebraska. It was once the seat of government in Nebraska.
Bellevue is located at 41°9′31″N 95°56′3″W / 41.15861°N 95.93417°W / 41.15861; -95.93417 (41.158518, -95.934135) at an elevation of 1159 ft (353 m). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 13.4 square miles (34.7 km²), of which, 13.3 square miles (34.3 km²) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.3 km²) of it (0.7%) is water. It is bounded on the east by the Missouri River.
The Sarpy County Courthouse is located in nearby Papillion, Nebraska.