Stamford is a village in Harlan County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 202 at the 2000 census.
Stamford, named after Stamford, Connecticut, was laid out by the Lincoln Land Company in 1887, becoming incorporated as a village in 1907. The first town board members were Frank Tripe, A. E. Pettygrove, Nic Nielsen, George Zulauf, and J. K. Richmond.
Supported by agriculture, miles of rich farm ground surround the town. Crops grown in the area include corn, alfalfa, wheat, and milo. Livestock includes cattle, swine, and sheep.