Opening HoursMon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Sat 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, Sun Closed
Originally built in 1909 and on the National Register of Historic Places along with the cemetery, the stables formerly housed the horses that transported caskets to the cemetery. Once automobiles took the place of the horses, the stables were used primarily for storage. Now the newly renovated and re-purposed space will offer a central location for events such as meetings, company retreats, and wedding receptions.
The $1M stable restoration project, which was officially completed in October, features two main rooms that each seat approximately 60 people with a mix of original features of the building as well as the addition of modern dcor and amenities. It also features a lovely open courtyard in the center. The project was recognized by the Preservation Association of Lincoln in March, which gave its Presidents Award to Wyuka for its efforts in funding and renovating the stables. This project was made possible through funds provided by the Nebraska Department of Roads Enhancement Program and the Federal Highway Administration along with private donations raised by Wyuka Foundation.