Eastern Molding was founded in 1948 by Albert DeNicholas and his nephew Raymond Carissimo. Both men worked at a rubber factory and had aspirations to start a business of their own. Since they were familiar with rubber molded products, they rented a two-car garage on the corner of Roosevelt Avenue in Belleville and began to manufacture dog toys, baby teethers and many other items. The business grew into a factory 20, 000 square feet and at one time employed over fifty people. Sixty-two years later, the business has remained in the family and is owned and operated by Albert's son, Peter DeNicholas.