St. Aloysius Parish was founded in 1892. During this century, the parish has served the West Essex area of the Archdiocese of Newark. The parishioners have helped make the parish a community of faith, prayer and service. Early parishioners built the first church in three months. Much of the work was done in the evenings after their own day's work.