Aragon is an unincorporated community on the Tularosa River in Catron County, New Mexico, United States. It is located at an altitude of 7,135 feet (2,175 m) seven miles (11 km) northeast of Apache Creek.
The latitude is 33.88 N, longitude 108.54 W.
Aragon is on the site of former Fort Tularosa 33°52′52″N 108°32′18″W / 33.88111°N 108.53833°W / 33.88111; -108.53833, which was built in 1870 to protect the Apache Indian Agency from the Ojo Caliente Band of Apaches. The fort was abandoned when the tribe was moved back to the Ojo Caliente reservation in 1874. The fort was rebuilt in 1880 by Buffalo Soldiers led by Sergeant George Jordan. Jordan eventually received the Medal of Honor for leading 25 men to repulse a force of more than 100 Indians in the Battle of Fort Tularosa.