Schmidt?s Collision & Glass is a well-known, well-established business, and is one of the top three collision and glass repair names in Western New York. The late Alex H. Schmidt established Schmidt's Collision & Glass, originally named Schmidt?s Auto Service, in 1927. Alex H. Schmidt, an immigrant from Germany, shortly after arrival to the United States decided to open up a small repair shop on the East side of Buffalo at Broadway and Sherman. Alex and his wife had two sons, Alex G. Schmidt and Eric Schmidt. Alex G. Schmidt, being the older of the two boys, took an interest in his father?s auto body repair shop. For several years he worked in the shop as a painter. While a painter, he observed and learned the day to day operations of how to operate an auto body repair facility. In 1965, Alex G Schmidt decided to take over his father?s business, and moved it from the east side of Buffalo to the heart of downtown Buffalo at 740 Main Street (currently 555 Pearl St.). Alex didn?t stop there, over the next 30 years he opened eight additional Schmidt?s Collision & Glass locations between Western New York and Florida. It wasn?t until 1983 that he decided to DBA the Schmidt?s Collision & Glass locations to his top managers. Any new locations that have opened since 2000, or are currently in the process of opening, are/will be DBA?s. Additional services offered time line: 1927 The birth of Schmidt?s Auto Service. 1945-1975 Automobile repair, mechanical & towing services available. 1975 Glass repair & installation was added, warranting the name change to Schmidt?s Auto Body & Glass. 1982 Origination of the company RUSTOP Inc., within all Schmidt?s locations.