Rubin Beige and his wife, Tillie, opened Rubie s Candy Store in Queens, N.Y., in 1950. By 1959, the company was renamed Rubie s Fun House reflecting the larger array of novelty and joke products it offered. In 1967, it announced that it would be opening a costume rental department that would consist of more than 200 costumes. In 1972, the company changed its name to Rubie s Costume Company and started to mass-produce costumes for the Halloween industry by 1973. In 1990 and 1996, the company opened its first Canadian and United Kingdom locations. In 1997, the company opened Kubach-Rubie s in Germany and a makeup facilitiy in Phoenix. The company offers a variety of costumes for newborns, infants, toddlers, girls and boys, tweens, teens, women, men and plus sizes. Accessories include capes, teeth and nails, prosthetics, makeup, wigs, weapons and masks. Rubie s Costume Company is located in Melville, N.Y.