Newfane is a town in Niagara County, New York, USA. The population was 9,666 at the 2010 census. The name was suggested by an early settler.
The Town of Newfane is in the north-central part of the county, north of the City of Lockport.
The Town of Newfane was established in 1824 by Dr.Reale and from parts of the Towns of Hartland, Somerset, and Wilson. The first town meeting was held at the Van Horn Mansion in 1824. At one time, the community was known as "Charlotte" and "Charlottesville," but then was renamed Newfane ("New Fane" = "New Church").