Tarrytown Lighthouse

299 Palmer Ave
Sleepy Hollow NY 10591
4 Reviews
{{::location.tagLine.value.text}}

Sponsored Topics


See a problem? Let us know!
<p>Sleepy Hollow's postcard-perfect lighthouse operated from 1883 until the Tappan Zee Bridge's navigational lights rendered its service as unnecessary&nbsp;in 1955. Concerned community members saved it from demolition in the 1960s and it sat vacant until reopening as a public monument in&nbsp;1983, 100 years after its inception. Now&nbsp;visitors only have to cross a little footbridge to enter what once was a live-in building accessible only by rowboat.</p>