Islip Terrace, NY
Islip Terrace Map
In 1914, a New York City real estate agent developed houses in the woods between East Islip and Central Islip State Hospital. Many who worked in the hospital lived here. The town was originally called Germantown to attract people of German origin, but was renamed to Islip Terrace because of German dissent due to World War II.
Islip Terrace is located at 40°44?55?N 73°11?11?W / 40.74861°N 73.18639°W / 40.74861; -73.18639 (40.748738, -73.186417).