Ravena is a village in Albany County, New York, United States. United States. The population was 3,268 at the 2010 census. The village is in the southeast part of the town of Coeymans.
The village of Ravena incorporated in 1914. Prior to its incorporation, it was known as "Coeymans Junction," but the name was changed to "Ravena" to avoid confusion with another hamlet in the town, "Coeymans Landing."
In 1894, a post office was established in Coeymans Junction bearing the name Ravena. The name source of the post office (and ultimately the village) is unclear. Some believe that the village's proximity to cliffs on its western boundary lent to the area being referred to as the ravine. Others feel that a brand of flour, Raven, was the inspiration behind the name.