Cape May Court House, NJ
Cape May Court House is a census-designated place and unincorporated area located within Middle Township, in Cape May County, New Jersey. It is part of the Ocean City Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the United States 2000 Census, the CDP population was 4,704. It is the county seat of Cape May County and serves as the principal administrative hub for the township.
Cape Regional Medical Center is located at 2 Stone Harbor Boulevard in Cape May Court House, and is the only hospital in Cape May County. The Cape May County Park and Zoo is also located in Cape May Court House.
Cape May Court House was laid out in 1703 by Jeremiah Hand and was first called Rumney Marsh and afterward Middleton before the adoption of its present name. The Court of Cape May County met in private homes and the First Baptist Church until 1764, when Daniel Hand set 1-acre (4,000 m2) of his own property to construct a court house and jail. It was replaced by the current structure in 1849.