Old Tappan, NJ
Old Tappan ( /oʊld təpæn/ tə-pan) is a borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough population was 5,750.
Old Tappan was incorporated as a borough by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on October 18, 1894, from portions of Harrington Township, at the height of the "Boroughitis" phenomenon sweeping through Bergen County, based on the results of a referendum held two days earlier. On April 23, 1896, additional territory was annexed from Harrington Township.
Old Tappan is located at 41°00′41″N 73°59′01″W / 41.011342°N 73.983546°W / 41.011342; -73.983546 (41.011342, -73.983546). One of only four confluence points in New Jersey, the 41°N 74°W crossing, is in Old Tappan on watershed property owned by United Water (see link below).