Balfour Baptist Church was organized on November 8, 1931, sponsored by the First Baptist Church of Asheboro. This organizational meeting was held at Balfour School and the following charter members were presented for membership: W. J. Jordan, C. N. Moody, W. M. Green, J. C. Pearce, Mrs. J. C. Pearce, Mrs. A. L. Moody, Mrs. W. A. Underwood, Mrs. R. C. Caudle, Mrs. Edna Pearce Heath. Rev. O. P. Dix was called as Balfour's first pastor.On November 26, 1933, the first auditorium was erected on our present site. Shortly thereafter, an adjacent house was purchased for a pastor's residence. In October of 1939, this home was destroyed by fire after being hit by an oil truck. Another house, which was used as staff housing for many years, was built in 1940 to replace the one that burned.In 1946 the church facility was enlarged to include an educational building. Balfour expanded in 1957 to include our present educational building, which also served as a temporary auditorium until 1976.On April 19, 1959, after a community survey between North Asheboro and Randleman was conducted, our church voted to sponsor a new mission work. A house was rented to serve as the location of this mission and on May 3, 1959, the first service was held at the Balfour Baptist Mission. Balfour continued to aid and support this mission until it was constituted into a church on October 4, 1964. The mission became Forest Park Baptist Church.Our church facility was expanded once more in October of 1976 to include our present worship center and additional educational space. These additions were paid off in seven years, and on November 1, 1987, our church burned the mortgage notes in celebration of this event.In 1992, the property and building to the north of Balfour Baptist Church was purchased. Our church sponsored a Spanish Mission which used this building for several years. It now serves as our Youth Annex and Ministries Building.In 2000, the church began renovating and updating the entire building. A new roof was placed on the Youth Annex. The staff house was converted into offices and a staff meeting room. Once again our fellowship hall served as a temporary auditorium as our worship center underwent a major renovation. The worship center renovations were completed in July of 2001."Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day Approaching."