Ebenezer Lutheran Church was started in 1907 as a mission church. Some of our members were professors at Immanuel Lutheran College, a training school for black Lutheran church workers. Our Chapel ws built in 1929 and our current sanctuary in 1959. Our new facility consists of a large narthex, fellowship/recreational hall, and nursery rooms. There areas were completed in 1998. Ebenezer is described as Lutheran, Confessional, Orthodox, Liturgical, Evangelical Catholic (universal), and Scriptural. We love great liturgy and great music and desire the best of the churches tradition for people of all ages in a world of secularism. Our interests include: worship, mission, ministry to suffering people in the world and in Greensboro, moral issues and those of justice, music, visual arts and symbols, teens, seniors, couples, singles, adult, senior Christians, child education, and a concern for one another. Ebenezer is involved in supporting world missions, Greensboro Urban Ministry, Lutheran World Relief, International Lutheran Laymen's League, Lutheran Women's Missionary League, Habitat for Humanity, Lutheran Family Service, the promotion of unity in Christ's Church. We have a diversity of people, but are united in a common faith and worship. We are members of the South-Eastern District of the Lutheran Church and the Piedmont Circuit. We fell very close to many Christian fellowships, engage with them in friendly support and debate, and in a mutual love and respect for one another.