Fellowship Home The Fellowship Home located in historic downtown Winston-Salem was originally established as a Flynn Home in 1962. The mission at that time was to provide a residence for recovering alcoholics. In 1979 the facility was renamed The Fellowship Home of Winston-Salem, NC, Inc and the mission was expanded to include other forms of drug abuse. In 1985 Fellowship Home became a United Way partner agency. Located at 661 North Spring Street, the former J. J. Gentry House, makes a distinctive impression with its eclectic architectural style. Built in 1917, the Gentry House was designed by prominent local architect G. Gilbert Humphreys and is on the National Register of historic homes. Fellowship Home Alumni Association Residents who successfully complete The Fellowship Home's Half-Way House program become voting members of Home's Alumni Association. While these men are considered self-sufficient, Alumni Association provides continued peer support and guidance. Alumni Association also hosts an annual alumni reunion and serves as an informal method of tracking success.