Lisbon Area Health Services, originally known as Community Memorial Hospital, opened its doors on Feb. 1, 1952. Lutheran Hospitals & Homes Society of Fargo worked on this project with the local Community Memorial Hospital Association and assumed operations of the hospital. In 1967, an addition was added to the northeast portion of the hospital which became a 20-bed nursing home wing. By 1996, a remodeling project had been completed and a clinic was moved into the facility. At this time the facility s name changed to Lisbon Medical Center. The facility was acquired by Catholic Health Initiatives on Oct. 1, 2002. Many specialized services have been added to LAHS over the past years for the benefits of the patients. Services currently offered include 24-hour emergency care, medical, surgical, swing bed, home health, nuclear medicine, CT scan, ultrasound, mammography, chemotherapy, radiology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, clinical lab and cardiac rehab. Lisbon Area Health Services maintains a location in Lisbon, N.D.