Stelter Repair was started with the purchase of a blacksmith shop in 1943. The first years the shop was called City Blacksmith. In 1948 the name was changed to Stelters Repair and in 1993 to Stelter Repair, Inc The business is in the fourth generation; three generations are currently working. In 1977 a 70 x 100 addition was completed. The following year another building, 42 x 70, was added. In 1999 a 75 x 80 addition was added to the business. Since the original purchase in 1943 the business has changed substantially. Starting as a blacksmith shop, at times sharpening plowshares all day with a coal fired forge, and emerging as a welding machine, custom manufacturing shop with many fabrication tools and equipment, welders, lathes, mills and computers.