Panaca is a town in eastern Lincoln County, Nevada, on State Route 319, about 1 mile (1.6 km) east of U.S. Route 93, near the border with Utah. Its elevation is 4,729 feet (1441 meters).
Panaca was southern Nevada's first permanent settlement, founded as a Mormon colony in 1864. It was originally part of Washington County, Utah, but the Congressional redrawing of boundaries in 1866 shifted Panaca into Nevada. It is the only municipality in Nevada to be "Dry" (forbidding the sale of alcoholic beverages), and the only community in Nevada besides Boulder City that prohibits gambling.
Coke ovens here once produced charcoal for the smelters in nearby Bullionville (now a ghost town), but the town's economy is predominantly agricultural.