Adams Center, NY
Adams Center (formerly called Adams Five Corners) is a hamlet (and census-designated place) located in the Town of Adams in Jefferson County, New York, United States. The population was 1,500 at the 2000 census.
The community was founded around 1816 and was first known as "Adams Five Corners." That name was used until at least 1828. The exact date of the name change is not known, but the hamlet became known as Adams Centre, a spelling that continued until about 1900.
The completion of a railroad line in 1852 aided the growth of the village.