Brentwood is a hamlet of the Town of Islip in Suffolk County, New York. According to the 2000 Census, the population of Brentwood is 53,917.
The colony was established on March 21, 1851, on 750 acres (3 km²) of land on Long Island, New York, by Josiah Warren and Stephen Pearl Andrews. It was initially known as Modern Times and later renamed Brentwood after the town of Brentwood, Essex, in England.
Brentwood is located at 40°46′54″N 73°14′39″W / 40.78167°N 73.24417°W / 40.78167; -73.24417 (40.781805, -73.244060).