Brushton is a village in Franklin County, New York, United States. The population was 479 at the 2000 census. The village is named after Henry Brush, a land owner.
The Village of Brushton in located in the Town of Moira and is west of the Village of Malone, the county seat.
The village took its name from Brush's Mills, which were located on the Little Salmon River. The mills were purchased by Mr. Henry N. Brush in 1835 and the hamlet was officially named Brushton on October 1, 1877.