Canaseraga is a village in Allegany County, New York, United States. The population was 594 at the 2000 census. The name is derived from a creek that flows past the village, which is reportedly a native term for "lying among milkweeds."
The Village of Canaseraga lies in the northern part of the Town of Burns at the junction of New York State Route 70 and County Road 13.
The community was one of the original settlements in the town, but was subordinate to the community of Burns until about 1840. The Village of Canaseraga was incorporated in 1892. It was originally called "Whitney Valley."