Cattaraugus is a village in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. The population was 1,075 at the 2000 census.
The Village of Cattaraugus lies in the northeast part of the Town of New Albion, north of Salamanca, New York.
The first clearing of ground in the village was made by Horace Snyder to establish his potash production. The village developed most after the arrival of the Erie Railroad in 1851.