Cedarhurst is a village in Nassau County, on the South Shore of Long Island, New York in the USA. The population was 6,164 at the United States Census, 2000. The village is named after a grove of trees that once stood at the post office.
The Village of Cedarhurst is in the Town of Hempstead.
The village was incorporated in 1910. It is part of the "Five Towns", together with the village of Lawrence and the hamlets of Woodmere and Inwood, and "The Hewletts", which consist of the villages of Hewlett Bay Park, Hewlett Harbor and Hewlett Neck and the hamlet of Hewlett, along with Woodsburgh.