Dolgeville is a village in Herkimer County, New York, United States. The population was 2,166 at the 2000 census. The village is named after Alfred Dolge (1848–1922), industrialist.
The Village of Dolgeville is mostly in the eastern part of the Town of Manheim, but is partly in the western edge of the Town of Oppenheim in Fulton County, New York. Dolgeville is east of Utica.
The village was founded in 1794 by Samuel Low with the construction of two mills. A grist mill and later a saw mill were built by Captain John Favill on Ransom Creek about 1795. Soon a little settlement sprang up as other settlers moved in; with a blacksmith shop, tannery and school house. Families by the names of Ayers, Spencer, Ransom, Spofford, Lamberson, Brockett and Randall soon followed and settled the adjoining lands which they cleared for farms.