Gorham is a town in Ontario County, New York, USA. The population was 3,776 at the 2000 census. The town is named after Nathaniel Gorham.
The Town of Gorham is at the south border of the county, southeast of Canandaigua, NY.
The town was created at the same time as the county (1789) as the "Town of Easton." The town changed its name to "Lincoln" in 1806, and adopted the current name, the name of an early proprietor, in 1807. Part of Gorham was taken in 1822 to form the Town of Hopewell. More territory, including the east shore of Canandaigua Lake, was added to Gorham in 1824.